Monday, August 30, 2010

Butterflies, and Seasons of Life

So, my language development sends out these emails with proverbs and such, and friday her little tidbit was this quote, "just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly," i thought about that and I decided that I really like that. I feel like that sometimes. Whenever I feel like I am really struggling, and I dont understand why the Lord would do that to me, I become a butterfly, and I get understanding. The world becomes new to me. Like the caterpillar, I leave behind the old me, and pick up the new life with a better Courtney Mae Jones. Different from a caterpillar,however, in that I have the opportunity to become a butterfly as many times as I want! Isnt that amazing!?!?! This realization got me to thinking about my sunday school lesson yesterday. The bishop taught and he talked about the seasons of life and figuring out what season you are in, and living withing that season while also realizing that there are seasons within seasons. I am happy to say that so far I am enjoying this new season of my life at ISU, and look forward to becoming a butterfly over and over again. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Post!
    I like that idea...becoming OVER and OVER.
    Glad to hear your first week of ISU was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you, honey bunches! i love that quote!! and the idea of becoming a butterfly over and over. love you so much!

    ReplyDelete