Monday, September 27, 2010

The Hardest Words to Say

There is a phrase in the English language that no one likes to say, but inevitably, we all say it at some time. And usually to the same person.

Just cause it will be fun, guess what those words are...

Okay, time is up. For those of you who were thinking "I love you," (thanks I love you too! (: ) that wasn't it. The hardest words to say are "You were right." Seriously. I don't know if it is a pride thing that we don't like to be wrong, but those words are hard for me to say. Yet, I find myself saying them more and more now-a-days, and always to the same person.

My mom.

All those years growing up I thought that she was crazy. I knew best, and I wouls just smile and nod saying in my head that she had something in her teeth as she was lecturing me (mom, if you are reading this.... just kidding). I never thought that later I would have to tell her that she had been right all along. I always thought she would be the one to tell me I was right.

However, moms usually are right. Even when they don't hear it. If you are a mom and have a stubborn daughter like me, just know that she knows your right. So this is to all you moms out there with your awesome advice, you were right.

*Baking soda really does make your whites whiter!
*I do regret it when I don't get ready and see a gorgeous man.
*Red and white aren't supposed to be washed together.
*Clothes go in the closet, not on the floor.
*Smiling does make your day better.
* Someday we will need you (okay, everyday)

and just as an additional love note,

*Your advice is most important.
*Your hugs and kisses are sweeter than everyone elses
*We secretly love that you don't fix everything for us
*When you say something, we really are paying attention

I love you mom, and all those other mom's out there! There almost a whole General Conference session on how important you are, and trust me, we were paying attention.

I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment