Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Musical Evening

I love musical theatre--thanks Mom--and Sundays are usually my musicals day. Why you ask? Well I'll tell you!! Sundays is "Musical Day" because 99.9% of musicals are completely Sunday appropriate. Also, I have tons of free time on Sunday because: 
          
Cap'n...you must have done
something good.
            A. I don't work or do homework on Sundays
and
            B. Musicals are super awesome, just like Sundays!

Gene, you can sing for me in the rain
whenever you feel so inclined!
Today's musicals of choice are The Sound of Music, and Singin' in the Rain. Two of my all time favorite musicals! They both have dreamy men in them. The Sound of Music has Christopher Plummer  and Singin' in the Rain has TWO!!! Gene Kelly (ok don't judge me because I'm totally drooling right now) and Donald O'Connor. Alright so Donald is more of a nerdy cute than dreamy but I really like him. He's funny, and what can I say...I'm a sucker for the funny, nerdy guy. Just sayin'. Hey I don't think I've used the byline in an actual post instead of just at the end! Baha! I'm gettin' more awesomer! Anywho! I LOVE musicals! Somtimes I wish I lived in a musical and I could just sing out my thoughts to the world! Actually, Utah State had this group, and I was walking around the mall and all of a sudden someone started singing. Before you knew it there were 10ish people singing and dancing around the mall! It was FULLY AWESOMER!!! I really wanted to be part of that group! Randomly busting into song in public! I actually bust out into dance quite often...mostly  embarrassing the person I am with at the moment..
Look at the nerdily handsome and goofy face!
How can you resist that?!
Achem..the one on the left...incase
you were worried about my sanity.
STORY TIME!
I don't know about you, but story time was always my favorite part of elementary school (the first being nap time...duh). So this one time (not at band camp) I was living with the bestest roommate ever Keishbobeish, and I was waiting for a letter from my missionary. If you know a girl who writes a missionary, letters are serious. If you mess with the letters or anything to do with mail, YOU.WILL.DIE. No joke. So one day I was checking the mail and I was by myself in the mail room. I wasn't expecting a letter cause it was so late I wasn't sure if it was coming at all! But it was THERE! If you can imagine my excitement...then you know what happened next. I busted into dance like Michael Jackson! Whoo!! "The way you make me feeeeeel!!" Achem. Anywho... as it turns out I wasn't alone in the mail room. The girl in there cleared her throat to let me know she was there. I stopped mid moon walk (or what was my attempt at the moon walk.. not pretty) and blushed. She understood me though. She looked at me and said, "Missionary letter?" All I could do was nod, turn around, and walk away. For those two or three moments my life was a musical, and IT.WAS.EPIC!

I'm Just Sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment